Help for startups! Right now!
Stuck with a software project that isn’t working?
Does this sound like you?
Our new “All Up” plan is totally for you…
- …if you’re ready to go with your startup company or new product right now! Better yet if it’s already out there.
- …if you feel good about your business ideas but aren’t exactly sure how to deliver the software part that you depend on.
- …if you have gone through a couple of contracted developers who haven’t worked out.
- …or! If you like the ones you’re working with but haven’t been able to finish properly!
- …if you want to keep driving but are willing to be surprised by how we get to the destination.
So here’s the All Up plan:
- First, I get All Up in your business with a few questions that you can fill out online–so we have the same information about where you are, what you’re doing, what hasn’t worked for you so far, and where you want to go.
- Then, we talk it over on the phone for half an hour at a time convenient to you.
(Bonus! If you’re not too far from Cleveland, forget the phone! We’ll hang out at your choice of fine beverage locations!)
- Only then if you’re ready to go forward and we both feel that working together is a good fit, let’s shake hands and find a way to make it work.
- I’ll help you choose the technology platform and a general direction for the software or web project you want to do.
- I’ll do some of the technical work myself, or bring in partners who are better qualified for it.
- I’m available on the phone and via email for mid-course corrections and general Q&A. You don’t get charged for this; it’s just part of the relationship.
- We’ll repeat that coffee (or beer) meeting once a week so we can talk over the technical direction of your company as it relates to the software project or product. Again, no extra charge for that. No nickel and diming!
- You’ll get a block of my time for “offline” work: anything like troubleshooting, programming, meetings with your existing developers, documentation, that sort of thing. You need to know there’s a cap on cash flow, so we’ll arrange the block size in advance.
How this works in real life:
All small business are different. Depending on your own technical chops, the other people you have available, the urgency of your development project, the timeline to break-even, and your current level of funding, we could work together in a lot of ways. But here are the essential things:
- We will use that first meeting to plan a path of progress for the first month or two. It will include specific deliverables and priorities, and we’ll tentatively agree on how long we’ll need to work together to get the best results for you without breaking your resources.
- From that meeting and further research, I’ll produce a document analyzing your technology options, including platform choice (if that’s still an issue for you), the resources you’ll need to get the project done, and a shot at predicting the things that could go totally wrong.
- I’ll provide ongoing access and connections to qualified contractors who can actually help with the work.
- As above, you’ll have me available on the phone and via email for checkins, advice, and Q&A.
It’s really that simple: You establish what you need out of each month’s work and process, we make a plan to accomplish those things together, and we’re both accountable for holding up our end of the deal. What could be better?